Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just Another Brick in The Wall

Today is Sunday, me and my friends went to watch movie - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was beautiful, meaningful and exciting. Much better than the previous one. Though it's just a kid's fantasy movie, it still contains a lot of unexpected and creative twist. I enjoyed the movie very much. For those who thought Lord of The Rings is way better than Narnia, i would say NO, because there's even more creatures, longer time span and the story line has more ups and downs compared to LOTR's mono theme. Actually, there's very much similarities between the 2 greatest epic fantasy of all time written by 2 very very close friends in Oxford - C.S. Lewis and JRR Tolkein. Both geniuses created their own fantasy world, their own languages, creatures, stories etc, just that LOTR is meant for adults and Narnia is meant for children. Both sagas are holding to one main theme, ie Christianity. C.S Lewis is an extreme atheist convert Christian under the influence of his best friend Tolkein. Lewis then became the greatest phylosopher of modern chirstianity, and still is.

In LOTR, the ring that Frodo bear is an illustration of Jesus christ bearing the cross all by himself, carrying the heavy burden of the sins of the world.
In Narnia, Aslan represents Christ who, though himself sinless, willing to sacrifice himself for the good of Narnia world, in the case bearing the wrongs of Edmund who are tempted by the White Witch (like Adam tempted by Satan and fell to sin).
I like both stories, i'd finished reading LOTR and The Hobbit, but i think i am too old to read Narnia now. Anyway, i love both writers (though maybe a bit bias towards C.S Lewis as i read even more of his Christian books). In a nutshell, great job done by Andrew Adamson who made such great stories into a beautiful thrilling movie.


After movie, i went shopping by myself and bought some Jockey inner shirts and a Van Heusen black pants which cost me Rs1800 (woot, i have no choice as all the cheaper ones are quite baggy to me. I hate those baggy formal pants, and that's why i have so few formal pants).

On the other hand, i would also like to sum up here that in the last 2 weeks, i had bought many other things for my computer workstation (which is more importantly also, my study place). I bought a Featherlite branded executive chair which cost me Rs5000, hehe, i know it's damn expensive, but if you count in the number of hours u spend sitting on chair in a day, it's very very worth it, plus the chair is very comfy, very ergonomic and very much adjustable in every aspects.

What i use:
Phew, i'd listed down all my laptop peripherals. I know it's damn a lot, plus all of them ain't cheap at all (mostly Logitech) However, i'm satisfied with them as all these had, and are, and will serve me well for a long time. And also, i use a giant size cloth gaming mouse mat (whaever China brand it is) which cost so much lesser than other top mousepad brands like Everglide or Razer or Steelpad, but with almost same quality - for smoother & precise mousing; comfy for my hand; and more importantly, can absorb my sweaty hand, swt swt. I have a disease called Hyperhidrosis, which means my palm and plantar leg gets sweaty easily. I wish there's a treatment option right now in Mangalore I really hate it my palms.

Last but not least,, quite proudly i would like to say that i'd manage to form a "wireless working desk" for my room. No more wires tingling around the desk or floor anymore. I'd been thinking of ways to hide all the wires while studying (my ideas seems to soar more when i study sitting quietly there), and here are what i did:
1. Put the USB hub and laptop adapter under my laptop stand
2. Drills 2 small holes at the back of the wooden desk to let my speaker and keyboard wires go through.
3. Fix the multi-socket adapter to the side of the table.
Now, who need all those expensive wireless geeks?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, nice clean desk! Yalah, no wires to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dude.. long time no c... wan to ask how much is the logitech hub? never seen it in m'sia so far, or i din notice there's this hub, looked so nice. planning to get one as my IBM has only 2 usb ports, obviously not enough for me. Or mayb i will change to desktop soon, leaving my lappy to my bro.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lip Kuan, long time. i bought the USB hub for Rs1100, which is around RM90. it's hidden under my laptop stand. Many things are hidden underneath, haha..Get a desktop la, cheaper n easier to upgrade..

    ReplyDelete