Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Lion Sleeps Tonight


I went to Singapore for a 4 days 3 nights trip once i reached Malaysia. I reached my homeland on the 19th Dec, and on 20th itself i went to the Lion's den (Singa=Lion) with my parents, lil bro, grandpa n grandma and my small mischievous 9 year-old-cousin. We departed in the morning and reached Johor at 1pm. Then dad's friend came to bring us for lunch at one shopping complex. After that, we crossed the custom and entered Singapore.

The last time i came here was 5 years old, and i don't remember a thing of this small neighboring country of Malaysia . We went to find my father's sister, and i was shocked to see she's actually 20 years older than my dad, and they were born by different mother,zzz. All hail my grandfather :) My cousins are actually 20 years older than me, and i was being called "uncle 舅舅" by my cousins sons, swt.. Now my grandpa has altogether 3 wives, and now the Liu's descendants are distributed all over the world including India, England, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, wow..

We stayed at my aunt's house. Though i don't like that kind of typical flat's design and lifestyle of Singapore houses (as in lifts, no independent parking spaces, no private land for playing and trees) we were thankful that our my 姑姑 let us occupy the whole house to fit 7 of us and save the expensive hotel money. On that night, we went to see the beautiful Orchard Road full of super nice Christmas decorations and programs. The street was full of people and on both sides of the streets are all high class and big shopping complexes with their own unique decorations.. However, i cant do any shopping because everything need to x2.3 for any price tags i looked at plus i din bring any money back from India. The whole place is fully lit and it was really eye catching.

Then the next day we spent the whole day at Sentosa Island. We played many of the games ie Luge & Skyride, Cineblast and visited lots of attractions like Underwater World, Images of Singapore, Merlion etc. However, when we were watching our last program - Songs of The Sea, the rain started pouring and everyone ran for their life.

Then on the 3rd day, we went to China Town to meet up with my dad's second elder 'sister' of the same dad. We went around 牛车水 (China Town) to see the super typical chinese shops and chinese cultures. Then we went to Esplanade- the Singapore's theater on the bay. At night, my cousin sister's husband treated all of us to eat Penang buffet. All kinds of Penang food can be found there for you to eat all you can. We had some great time for fellowship and suddenly getting to know many "unknown relatives".

It was a tiring trip as we walked a lot and traveled by buses and MRT only, but it was nice to get to know those long lost relatives and refresh my Singapore experience again. Though i can't buy anything, it was still a very descent trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment