Monday, October 17, 2005

SOS call from the Black Paradise (part 3)


I get depressed every time I see the local people sleeping by the road side; scavenging the rubbish and walking around bare-footed. The roads are full of holes and mud, and the air is so polluted with exhaust smoke and dust. It is so emphatic and disgusting to see all these conditions. Majority of the people here do not have health conscious at all. They don’t value their life, and they simply live and let die. All of us Malaysians feel ‘out-of-the world’ here. It is so depressing to see all these sickening and gloomy conditions everyday. I hardly feel cheered-up, but instead get tenser, stressed up and feel down n moody. I feel that my life is being “down-graded” here, no longer caring about the latest news, latest technologies, latest music, latest movies or latest fashion happening around the world because all these things are not important in this place.

I still feel far lagging behind in classes because I was absent in lectures for a long time due to my health problem. Many of my fellow friends here also share the same difficulty in study. All of us get sick almost every week. Besides, the education system here only requires memorizing. There’s no such thing as problem solving or group discussions. All I need to do to pass my exam is just to listen and study and memorize. It does not stimulate our right brain- our creativity, our artistry, our critical thinking, and our logic. Furthermore, we have no entertainment and sports here. There’s nothing else to be done except to sit down and study. In this kind of environment, i'll die!!! I believe one day, after 5 years here, I will get more dumb n stupid, like most of the local ppl (they quite dumb in doin many things, and their work rate is reallly inefficient..)

Some more, in the 2nd year, i’ll be exposed to the patients in the local hospital. The condition of the local general government hospital is really bad. My seniors told me you’ll vomit when you get there. Besides, I need to learn their local languages-Karnada, in order to communicate with the local patients. Imagine we all practicing in such a bad conditions and talking in an alien language, will it be helpful when we return to Malaysia to practice medicine? Will we be able to talk fluent Malay, mandarin and English with the Malaysian patients at that time? I doubt it.
I came to India with a high n adventurous spirit , determined to do well in my study and excel to be a good doctor, but unfortunately, those dreams are shattered. I no longer enjoy my study here, not having a healthy and happy life, and more importantly, many of my friend got stressed up and potentially having emotional problem.

Now, since the past 2 weeks, JPA officers had been meeting parents, education minister, and even prime minister, discussing bout our condition and what they can do... JPA are under great pressure from many parents who're BIG person, and the main point they're discussing now is- to move us out of this place and place into other places, most likely IMU!!! Many things are being evaluated and done, and there's quite a big possibility that it will happen... I'll definitely wanna leave!!! Some of my frens wanna stay, but majority are leaving... I'll pray hard for this, and may God's way be done... anyway, i'm sick of this place, except my room of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment