Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

It's been ages since i blogged.. My last blog was during my very first internship posting _ Community Medicine, and now i'm in my very last posting - Obs & Gyn.. It's been exactly 10 months!! Does my blog still appear relevant when everyone else is super into Mark Zuckernberg product or just about tweeting around.. Who would still want to purposely open a blog page when every updates of friends and followers can be shown right in one big full screen in front of us?? Well, i myself personally love Facebook.. It's an awesome way to connect my social network, and the most important thing is that every single one is using it, how could i lose out? But, one thing i find annoying is the 'status updates', where everyone post just about anything from what u thinking, what u did, what u saw, what u play, what you re-share, what you listen to, what apps you using etc etc etc.. it just freaking flooded many of my other important updates which i so often missed.. Then, there're ppl who find Tweeter being more relevant in terms of privacy and controlled status updates..you post a thought, or many many thoughts a day, and ppl who follow you see it and re-tweet on it.. But for me, 140 words is just too little too less.. i cant really convey my ideas properly, and if it's in 140 words, the whole thing look hollow and inaccurate, plus having to wait for ppl to follow or follow others is just another nuisance for me. Yes, every time i blogged, it took me more than an hour per post.. it's a BIG commitment to post a blog.. but i find myself 'publishing' in better words - more profound, more refined.. yes, my ideas might not be as wide spread among my friends as in FB, but in FB, my post appears only to my 'friends', but in Blog, my product goes to hundreds or thousands of eyes around the world.. Am i such a bragger to become famous?? Not at all, and i hardly care.. but there are instances when ppl i do not know found me and befriended me, or ppl whom i expected the least to read my blog actually find some of it really informative and helpful.. So, now on, i decided to use my blog as a mini tweet, to continue spreading my daily life and ideas and activities, but with a much lesser commitment in terms of quantity but more in frequency, as in, i will write in short passages, not long long essay which i used to. See, i'd never intended to write such long post this time round, but i just can't help it.. Now you understand why Tweeter never appealed to me at all... Social e-networking had evolved so much in past few short years and had gotten ppl very very much involved with the whole internet thingy.. From Blogger, My Space, Yahoo Group, to the famous Friendster, to the India famous Orkut, to Facebook, then Tweeter and so on..Who need to hang out with friend for a drink or play some games out under the sun or rain and waste petrol to drive out or use up energy walking and talking when you can just sit in front of the desk and be extremely acquainted to every single latest news and happenings and rumors?? Is human being truly becoming more electrified and dull? i certainly do think so..

No comments:

Post a Comment