Thursday, March 31, 2011

Subterranean Homesick Blues



One thing i'll miss the most in India is my room..

305B Sturrock Hostel
A room famous for it's cleanliness, neatness and openness
A room that earned me my MBBS degree
A room i spent my sleepless nights burying my head in the medical books
A room where all my sweat, tears, and saliva are shed
A room where loud speakers and heavy guitar are played
A room that connects me to what's happening around the world
A room where i spent enormous amount on online shopping
A room where many many video games are played and accomplished
A room of numerous sessions of gaming, eating, drinking, movie, football, chatting, gossiping
A room where most birthdays are celebrated
A room where food products are cleaned, cut, cooked, served and kept
A room that belongs to Liverpool FC

A room of which the bed is so soft that everyone wants to sleep on
A room at which the i spent a lot to make it different and comfy

A room at which constant changes are made throughout the 5.5 year
A room i feel so comfortable with i would call home

2005, when i first moved in:

simple bed
Acer laptop; an EPL time table and other stuffs from Msia
2006
The other life forms - fishy!!

My baby moved in - Fender Squier Strat



2008:
Dell laptop; laptop stand, gaming mouse, new speakers, executive chair
 BIG magic mirror on the wall

A gym set
Mouse at tray; 320gb ext hdd; ipod classic; Creative sound card
a bag of human on my bed
My birthday with Goan wine
 2009, the room painted blue:

a totally silent, night glowing wall clock

2 artistic photo frames

fridge; guitar; books; chairs

a tinge of dark blue pillar, shoe rack

wardrobe; luggage; huge mirror; new yellow night light

new natural fluorescent light tube


22" monitor; 1TB ext hdd; laptop on fridge

studying
 
playing
2011, the last days in India:

the high end desktop PC in an old ugly cheap Cooler Master case on fridge
the collection of my original games
the new white computer casing; XBOX controller
Altec Lansing speaker shipped home, using a temporary speaker belonging to my friend

all my books and games shipped back; a stack of GQ magazines

the Liverpool wardrobe; the belt hook

the guitar (guitar pedal sent back); the side table and the bed

the air cond essential for my sleeps

fridge

the sink, the cooking stuffs and the facial stuffs

my cooking ingredients on my shoe rack

private businesses
a session of red wine for farewell


p/s: For Facebook Notes' better view, click on "View Original Post"

No comments:

Post a Comment