Sunday, June 03, 2007

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Had not been posting for a long time.. Was busy for exam, and besides, there's particular nothing significant (and at the same time, publishable) events happening to me.. So now, just to round off my semester with some thoughts...

I'd just finished my exam 3 days back... The past 3 weeks time were hard, especially for a person like me... Study and study days and nights but still couldn't finish the scope, if not can't remember well , if not mix up every classification of drugs or bacteria or pathogenesis, if not couldn't reproduce my thoughts systematically on the paper.. I'd tried hard to do much better this semester, but in the end, the results was quite bad as well, aiks...

The time table of this semester is more free, basically 5 hours less of study time in a week compared to last semester, GOOD!!! Can sleep less in the class and more on my bed.. One stupid thing i hate about is that there's no break AT ALL after our exam- the very next day itself was the starting school day of new sem, damn!! Almost half of my classmates bunked the classes and went back home or traveled some where else... So no mood to study now, and am just reading story book in the classes now..

I'm not going back to Malaysia, though most of my friends do.. But nevermind, because in 1 month time i'm flying off to GERMANY for 13 days!! (from 11th July till 24th July).. I'd always wanted to visits all my good old friends over there in this 5 years time when they're still there, and i think this is the best time to go, since i don't feel like going back.. Already bought the tickets and settled most of the transportations.. The schedule is like this -

Mangalore <-> Bangalore <-> Dubai <-> Frankfurt

Then, me and my friends over there will travel to SPAIN days!! Then might go FRANCE also!!
I'm already counting chickens for the days to come.. Already started dreaming of the Germany where the cruel dictating legend lived during war time, the land once filled with fear and blood but now pride and modernization... And also can't wait to see the beautiful and traditional Spain full of unique culture.. And not to forget for the few ours of my time at one of the richest country in the world-United Arab Emirates: the world one and only 6-Stars on-the-water hotel; the place where the richest people all over the world invest their money in; the palm-tree-shaped artificial lands with the most luxurious houses on it; the land with no trees but full of concrete buildings arranged like Lego blocks when seen from above..

On top of all the excitement now, i'm facing some problems right now.. First of all, I need a 'companion' through out my journey, and since i'm travelling all alone, what i need is a good gadget and a good book.. Me have no camera, no mp3 player, and only carrying a noob old hp in my pocket..In the beginning, I was thinking of getting an 30GB Ipod , for my unique collections of musics and some movies and pictures.. But now i'm attracted to Nokia N73 Music Edition.. The current Ipod can't satisfy me: too short of battery time, too small of screen, the resolution of the screen is too bad for watching movies, and it's still too big of size and weight.. I'm doin all kinds of research on N73 ME now, then at the same time discovered SE K810i.. Liking both of them and comparing.. Conclusion is: N73's pic is not as good as Sony's, but n73 gives 2GB free memory and have bigger screen; k810 look damn cool, has Xenon light which make night photos good, and N73 can't take night photos, slow in response and hangs a lot... So verdict is? I really don't know yet.. Will try out both phones at the shops to decide...If worst come worst, i'll buy back SE w810i, cz i still love it very much and i think it's still the most lovely and stable and durable phone...

Second problem, a bigger problem: money money money.. My air ticket to Germany is bout RM2500 to n fro, my local flight RM230.. My dream gadget cost bout RM1500, and my estimated spending in Spain will be about at least €600, n i will bring €700 just in case(RM3200)..
Now, my active bank account has only RM 2800, damn.. (most of my money is in FD, which i can't take out after few months time).. Daddy, i know it's bad to ask money from u, i never want to, but i have to, aiks.. I'd never thought traveling in Europe will be so expensive... i expected to spend ol RM 5000 in my trip, but now it cost bout RM 6000+, plus i really need a new gadget with me now, to keep me occupied for the long hours in flight and airports and trains etc...

2 comments:

  1. Wow...looks so expensive in RM...:P I'll be in Malaysia during that time, so I won't ask you to visit France...enjoy yourself in Germany and Spain (I haven't even visited Germany yet!) During this one month you'll have something to look forward to while studying! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I heard from Mich that you're going Germany. Jealous lah!

    ReplyDelete